Saturday, May 7, 2011

Ladies’ Tea

This year’s Ladies’ Tea was a huge success! We had about 40 women RSVP in the first 24 hours! We actually had almost 70 sign up to come and about 60 come!

tea 04 tea 15

As always the food was delicious (thanks to all of our wonderful volunteer cooks) and the tables were beautiful (thanks to our gracious table hosts)!

tea 27 tea 18 tea 19 tea 20 tea 21 tea 22 tea 23 tea 24 tea 25 tea 26 We also had music and an inspiring devotion from one of my current favorite books: Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. We also gave away a copy at the tea.

tea 33  tea 17The best part is watching a room full of ladies just enjoy one another’s company and chat away while eating dainty little treats and sipping cups of tea! :o)

tea 38 tea 36 tea 37 Thanks to everyone who came and to everyone who worked so hard to make it possible!

“But the truth of the matter is this: The rougher the day, the more time I need to spend with my Savior. The more hoops I have to handle, the more I need to keep my center.

After all, it’s not more Hula-Hoops I need to master.

What I really need is more and more of the Master Himself.

“Teach me, Lord. Show me the rhythm of life,” I found myself praying.

“Be my center.”

No comments: