Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Way Back Family Flashback- 1981-82

Here’s another flashback from the 80’s! I remember being in school and having the toughest time writing an 8 instead of a 7 when dating my papers. :o) But I have loads of great memories of the 80’s, too…

01 Halloween 1982

02

I remember when fishing at Prineville was always that good!

03

Frankie and “Welcome Home Baby”

04

Little did Frankie know we’d be having one of those at our house pretty soon…

06

All the cousins (Carrie, Bethany, Shannon, Amy & Frankie)

05

Grandpa & Grandma Ide and the grandkids!

07

It takes a whole lotta breath to blow out all four candles at once!

09

This is the biggest snake we ever saw while out camping!

10

Celebrating Grandpa, Frankie and Grandma Miller’s birthdays

11

Bethany’s baptism. I wanted to have all my babies baptized there in that beautiful font!

12

131415Camping at Prineville Reservoir. Our all time favorite place to spend the summer!

16 

It just isn’t the 4th of July without sparklers!

17

Uncle Dennis’ installation

18

Father’s Day

19

20Chris and I got our pictures taken with the same people when we were at Wall Drug! They’re still just sitting there… ;o)

21

 The lofts were the coolest part of our aunt & uncle’s beach house! I always wanted a house with a loft after that.

25

22

Celebrating my 10th birthday with friends

23

29

I don’t know who liked playing dress-up more, us or Frankie?

28

26I love his smile… LOL

27 

Looking snazzy on Easter morning

24

I remember having our egg tree up every Easter growing up. It was decorated with hand-decorated blown eggs that my mom made! Someday, I’ll make my own egg tree…

30

Celebrating Amy’s birthday with the fam!

31

Dad cut off his fingers in the tablesaw that year! Ouch!

32

Frankie wanted to be just like dad!

33

I have great memories of Dad chaining up the Craftsman and pulling us around the yard on the toboggan!

37

Santa came early on Christmas Eve, just like every year!

38

It was so neat to have a record with PICTURES on it! I could probably still sing all the songs on it… :o)

39

I loved those boots with the pockets on the side!!! And I wore them all the time with those blue striped socks!

40

Grandpa got a new movie camera! He loved taking home movies!!!

34

That was the year Amy & I got our dollhouse! (and obviously Frankie got a belt…) LOL

36

Lederhosen from Germany (one of my favorite pictures ever!)

35 

Christmas Day with Aunt Hazel & Aunt Kackie

There’s nothing like memories of growing up…

No comments: