Monday, November 21, 2011

Body Worlds At OMSI

Today I took Will on a field trip with our co-op to the Body World exhibit at OMSI. The first couple of hours we just wandered around the other exhibits (which we had seen many times before) waiting to see what we’d really gone for…

OMSI 01

A high-tech computer game from 1994. You have to take a floppy disk to help save the museum!!! (and it actually makes you READ to play the game!)

OMSI 02
William is much better at brain teaser puzzles than I am!

OMSI 03

I really wanted to know what was at the top of these stairs???

OMSI 04

Playing with magnets

OMSI 06

OMSI 05

Firing the bass drum air cannon to make the pinwheels spin.

OMSI 07

part of the old clock from the Oregonian building

OMSI 08

satellite picture of a hurricane

OMSI 09

Turbine Hall from above

OMSI 10

Now we know where all the paper airplanes go…

OMSI 11

Will REALLY wants one of these rocks! (but he chose a pen that looks like a hypodermic needle instead…)

Then it was our turn to enter the Body Worlds exhibit…

Just imagine my blood & guts/photography loving son’s profound disappointment when he learned that there were NO CAMERAS ALLOWED inside the exhibit!

Thankfully the exhibit was so captivating and awe-inspiring that he didn’t mind too much that he couldn’t take any winning shots. But he did often mention how much he really, really, really wished he could!

So, while I wish I had lots of cool pictures of all the incredible things we saw, I don’t have any! But you can check out this link to get an idea of what we saw… click HERE. (But don’t say I didn’t warn you…)

But I have to say that the entire time I was there I was thinking about the marvelous creation that God has made in human beings (and animals)! These verses from Psalm 139 kept going through my mind the entire time I was there:

"For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be."

1 comment:

Jim and Marilyn said...

We saw that display at the OMSI almost 4 yrs ago, and those same verses kept running thru my mind also! What an awesome God we serve!