Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Lights & Krispy Kreme

Every year we mix up a thermos of hot cocoa and grab a box of Christmas cookies, hop in the van and take a driving tour of the Christmas lights around town. This year’s tour was a bit further away but something new to us. My sister was able to secure some VIP vehicle passes to the Winter Wonderland at Portland International Raceway (her office makes all of their cd’s)!

It was fun to see all new lights for a change of pace! We saw the North Pole, a ski resort, the 12 Days of Christmas, Baby Jesus, dinosaurs, the ocean, Santa and a whole lot more!!!

PIR 04PIR 05PIR 06PIR 07PIR 11PIR 12PIR 16PIR 17PIR 20PIR 25PIR 26PIR 28PIR 31PIR 35PIR 37PIR 39

On the way south, Chris mentioned that he had a hankering for hot Krispy Kremes… Who am I to deny him that??? So we called my mom, got the address of the nearest Krispy Kreme, programmed the GPS and found the glowing red “hot donuts” sign on!

PIR 44

They even had snowman donuts just coming off the line. I liked them so much I had my picture taken with them! After all, I am getting a bit old for Santa…

PIR 46

No comments: