Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sausage Time

We put off our annual New Year’s Day celebration with the McMurrys until Saturday, invited the Cummings and spent the entire day making 160 pounds of sausage! I am really glad that we will be enjoying this stuff for a while! That’s a whole lot of work!!! :)

I got to try out my new knife set I got for Christmas and boy is it SHARP!!! I cut myself twice before we even got started just cutting up the meat… I got blood everywhere! As if the kitchen wasn’t bloody enough already. ;)

sausage 08They looked pretty good the next day! 

But we had a lot of fun visiting and working and at the end we had Italian, breakfast, potato, cajun, and ground pork to take home.

sausage 01It grinds better a bit frozen

sausage 04 sausage 02 sausage 03 

the guys cut it all into chunks while the ladies figured out the shopping list for ingredients

sausage 06 sausage 05

sausage 07We even put the cajun into casings for the grill! Mmmmmm!

By 10:30pm we were all exhausted and the kitchen was a mess! But thanks to a container of Lysol cleaning wipes and an hour’s worth of work, the kitchen was sparkling clean!

Now that’s a good way to start off the new year!

No comments: