Tuesday, February 3, 2015

We Don’t Have Children Anymore

My Facebook post on Saturday says it all…

It finally happened. Today I officially don't have children any more. Now I only have adults. Today my baby turns 18! I am so proud of my three men and who they are becoming but I have no idea how to parent grown-ups. But God has gotten us this far and I had no idea how to parent babies or toddlers or grade-schoolers or teenagers either. I will just have to keep trusting Him in this next stage, too. Be patient with me, boys (sorry, men). I'm sure I'll keep on making mistakes... But I love you and I mean well.

Boys at hospital

Being a grown-up meant Will had to spend his special day doing “grown-up” stuff like chores, homework and taking his written portion of the driving test…

But since we’re not totally mean, we did take him out to Chinese after the test…

bday lunch 01 Great pic, huh??? LOL

And eventually, we let him open presents…

Since he got a lock pick set for Christmas, I couldn’t let him practice on our doors…

 wills gifts 02 wills gifts 03

He had it down to well under a minute to unlock the next day and 15 seconds by Monday!

wills gifts 04

We also got him a new wallet and The Lego Movie, which we promptly watched while eating birthday ice cream.

The following day was Super Bowl Sunday, and since we didn’t care one snit about the game, we took advantage and took Andy to Sykart to do what he wanted to do for his birthday.

It was really fun! Especially since we were the only ones on the track! Some of us are more competitive than others… ;)

bdays 01bdays 02bdays 06 Then we went to Olive Garden for Will’s birthday… Mmmmm!

 bdays 03 bdays 05To top off an already super fun great day, the Seahawks lost the Super Bowl! :)  Go Pack! 

Who says you can’t have a super fun birthday, even when you’re a grown up???

Happy Birthday, Will! We love ya!

No comments: