Thursday, June 3, 2021

Tampa - Day Two

Doing my morning devotion by the pool was amazing!



Tuesday was all rollercoasters at Busch Gardens. I did some research about this one before we left. I even watched YouTube videos of every single ride. And after having done my research, I wasn't sure I could take enough Dramamine to do it. I'd kind of decided not to do it until about the week before we left. I got on their website one more time and they were having a Memorial Day sale. A sale that was honestly too good to pass up: Two days for $79! That meant one day at Busch Gardens and a day at Adventure Island water park. 

Knowing that they would only get busier the closer it got to the weekend, it meant theme park on Tuesday and water park on Wednesday. It looked like so much fun that Bob decided to join us for the day! 

I didn't take many pictures. I didn't bring my camera and we were just too busy waiting in lines and riding big roller coasters. It was impossible to take pictures while on the rides and they were all kind of broken up by buildings and trees to get good pics.  (None of the pictures will be in any kind of chronological order...)










We didn't know it but the first one we rode was probably the scariest one in the park: SheikRa! But it was the first one we came to and we couldn't really see most of it to know what we were getting in to. Turns out it's the one that takes you up to a 90 degree drop and hangs the car at the top of the drop before letting you go. You can see it to the left of the blue building in this pic...



After a second pretty intense ride, Bob decided to sit out the next ones and then join us for a ride on the log flume ride. We got soaked! Completely drenched! Thankfully it was so hot that we didn't mind and we dried pretty quickly. 






 After a few more rides, including the river rafting ride (we got SOAKED once again) the guys decided it was time to eat. Since we still had quite a few roller coasters yet to do, I skipped eating.



In order to let our food settle a bit, we did the train ride to see the animals after lunch. Unfortunately, my phone doesn't have as good of a zoom as the camera... :( 







It was getting pretty hot and Bob decided he'd had enough. So he had Karen come and pick him up and Chris and I did the rest of the remaining 5 roller coasters! 







Since we'd ridden all of the roller coasters, they only ride left was the carousel... :) 


By the time the park closed at 6:00 I was starving! Thankfully, Mel's was just around the corner... 😋






Then it was back to Bob and Karen's for dessert and a before-bed swim... 

No comments: