Sunday, April 20, 2008

Baby Bottle Campaign

Our local Caring Pregnancy Center does a fundraiser every year between Mother's Day and Father's Day. Every family at the churches in our community can receive an empty baby bottle to take home and fill with spare change. It is a huge fundraiser for them, they make about $25,000 each year!

This year I was invited by my friend Susie to attend their baby bottle party and get all the bottles ready for the churches by tying tags on the bottles that explain the fundraiser. There were lots of people and we did 2000 bottles in no time!

Then we got to make diaper cakes. Every mom that comes in gets a diaper cake after her baby is born. It is made of about 50 disposable diapers and decorated with all kinds of things she'll need. They are really fun and really cute!

making our cakes

me and my cake (I realized when I saw this picture that I had such a busy morning, I forgot to go back and do something with my hair! Oh well.)

all of the cakes

5 comments:

Theresa Rohrer said...

They're all adorable Carrie! Great work!
T

The Graber's said...

Thanks again for going. I enjoyed the afternoon so much. I will get you a copy of the 'recipe'.

doug&margarethe said...

Those "cakes" look very interesting. What and how are they done (recipe)? Can you share that? Thanks. Fun to see your blog. Your boys are sure growing up!
Margarethe

Ekelund Fam said...

Really cool. I love that idea. Mandy Bronson made me one for Timothy's shower. I had never seen one before, but I used everything on it!! Hope you guys are well!

Paula Vince said...

What a great way to show how quickly spare cash can make a difference! Beautiful diaper cakes too.
BTW Happy belated birthday to Zack. You guys really do seem to get your family birthdays over in the first half of the year.
Blessings,
Paula